Hello everyone. We joyfully welcome 5 new students into the Saints Family. They are Brian (Yr 1),Gary (Yr 3) and Meek-Krone Family:Jett (Yr 2), Hunter (Prep) Deklan (Yr 4). All boys are looking the part in their uniforms.
Many formal assessments are being completed and planning for 2020 is well underway. Thank you for the many comments in recent surveys. This valuable parent feedback assists the School Board and Leadership to formulate a shared vision that reflects and considers the majority of parent opinions. I encourage all to read the communication sent home via Edsmart through the week. It provides greater details on decisions made from parent and staff feedback.
Enrolments for 2020 are full in Years 1, 4 and 5 ;(with a waitlist). Vacancies exist in Prep, Years 2, 3 and 6. Staffing of classes will not be finalised until early 2020. This year staff allocation was released on Day 1 of the school year. The Board has requested 2020 staffing be communicated the week prior to students return to school. Leadership supports this suggestion as it assists parents in building enthusiasm and reassures children for a positive start to the school year. Class structures for 2020 will be single classes for all years except for two classes in Year 3. In keeping consistent with school community desire there will be no composite classes. ie: all classes are single stream.
Enrolment intentions for 2020 are now due. I encourage any parent who hasn’t responded to the email sent out in Week 1 to please do so as this information is necessary for formulating 2020 class lists.
- Teacher Mrs Vinter and Teacher Assistants Mrs Houghton, Mrs Wood and MrsMiller for their efforts in making this morning’s ‘Play n Stay’ a wonderful experience for children and parents looking to make Saint’s their future school of choice.
- The parents and friends of Saint’s who through your P & F have funded two water chiller units so children can access cold refreshing water
- Our Teachers for their continuous dedication and vocation. HAPPY WORLD TEACHERS DAY.
- Executive Director’s annual school visit – Wed 30th Oct
- Prep Information Night – Wed 30th Oct
- Parish Community Mass – Sat 2nd Nov
- Prep Orientation Morning – Tues 12th Nov
- P & F Fundraiser Photo Portraits – 24th Nov
Vale Dora Santarossa
This week the school celebrated the life of Dora Santarossa – mother in law to Tanya our beloved School Secretary and great grandmother to Zahli (Yr 2 ) and Rylan (Prep).
Eternal rest, grant unto Dora O Lord and let perpetual light shine upon her. May Dora rest in peace. Amen.
Have a great fortnight and best of luck to all who may have a dabble on the Melbourne Cup before the next school newsletter.