Yulmburral to our last Newsletter for 2019.
I’m certain a common observation being made is how quickly the year has passed. Despite the speed of the year we can reflect on the successes achieved within our Saints community. These successes are due to parents, teachers, school officers, admin staff and CES consultants working together so every child receives a quality learning and teaching experience at Saints. Special congratulations to our Preps on completing their first year of schooling and also congratulations and good luck to Yr 6 as they enjoy their last few days at Saints.
- The School Board and P & F Executive. The wisdom and efforts from parents on these two bodies have provided valuable feedback and direction to assist Leadership to make informed decisions to reflect community expectations.
- All teachers and school officers who ensure each and every day children are supported in their learning – both in the classroom and the playground.
- The Admin Team of Tanya, Sharon & Tess who together ensure every day to day school administration is completed and delivered on time.
- Michelle, Goran, Pam, Kathryn and all helpers who made the Tuckshop happen every Tuesday and second Friday.
- Any parent, extended family member or friend who has volunteered time at Saints. Your efforts are truly appreciated.
- And of course…. our wonderful children who have all completed another year of learning and growing.
- Thank you to Charlie, Michelle R, Cassie and Kyah who covered many books in our Book Covering Drive in the Library on Monday. We still have a number of books to be covered so if able to spare 30 minutes to cover a few books please feel welcome to drop in. Mrs Hall and Mrs Houghton will make you feel very welcome.
- Corey, Robyn and Anastasia Frahn, Nathan Pidgeon from Port Douglas Excavators and the team of helpers who planted our new trees. Thanks to Simon, Skye, Savannah, Neal, Gemma, Jimmy, Lea, Trevor, Riley, Bryce, Kathryn, Tara, Daina, Jasper, Saxon, Ross and Thomas.
- JOY Afternoon: Thursday 1:45pm
- End of School Year Mass: 2pm Tues 3rd Dec
- Under 8’s Day – Wednesday morning – Wk 9
- Life Long Learners Awards and Christmas Concert – 5:15pm Thursday 5th Dec
- Yr 6 Farewell Assembly: 10am Friday 6th Dec
- 2019 Final Dismissal: 11:30 – 12 Noon Friday 6th Dec
A reminder all parents should check access to the Parent Portal as this is where Semester 2 Reports are accessed. Parents who wish to receive a hardcopy of the report need to visit the Front Office between 9am – 2pm, Monday – Wednesday in the first week of the school holidays. Any student not continuing at Saints in 2020 (and this includes the current Yr 6 class), need to download school reports as portals are not available once enrolment ceases.
Thank you to all who responded to recent surveys. Parent feedback is important and is valued. It provides confidence for School Leadership in making decisions that reflect the majority of the school community.
- Home Revision Policy 131 responses: 126 Yes / 5 No = Policy strongly endorsed by parents
- Departure Guidelines 83 responses: 80 Yes / 3 No = Guideline strongly endorsed by parents
Every student this week wrote a personal card to students in drought affected areas across western NSW. Each child wrote a brief message saying to the recipient we are sending kind thoughts and prayers for rain as a Christmas wish. Over 150 cards were sent to students at St Mary’s School – Warren, St Joseph’s School – Peak Hill, St Therese’s School – Wilcannia, St Ignatius School – Bourke and St Augustine’s School – Narromine. This initiative is supporting our ‘Dress as a Farmer’ day on Friday. The Yr 4 class is using IT to do a video conference call to a drought affected family farm in South Australia. The children in this family are educated by “School of the Air” and our students will be able to ask questions of the children on the farm about the drought. What a terrific way for our children to gain a greater understanding of farm life and the challenges of living through a drought. This is a fantastic use of modern digital technology in the classroom.
The School Office will re-open at 10am Monday 20th January. Teaching allocations will be sent as a Broadcast early in 0 – Week.
Thank you to all for making Saints a success in 2019.
In 2020 will continue our journey upwards and onwards.
Best wishes and Season’s greetings.
Have a happy and holy Christmas and restful holidays.