Saints is a Bully Free Zone. This simple statement is important for all of us to own. Principal, staff, parents, caregivers and students have a responsibility in ensuring this 6 word sentence is a reality in our school. I believe we have a happy and safe school. However, I am saddened to hear that recently there have been incidences where students have behaved in a manner that can only be described as bullying. Last Wednesday, Yr 3 – Yr 6 students had a school assembly to confront this matter and to outline expectations around positive behaviours and choices to ensure bullying does not become rooted in our school culture. I encourage all staff and parents to have conversations around this matter and to encourage all boys and girls to speak up if they see it or are experiencing bullying. As a school, we must ensure we all work together to protect our happy and safe culture and challenge students when they stray into this area of behaviour. I know when we support each other, bullying will not be something we will readily see at Saints.
- Thanks to Michelle Hall in facilitating our Parish – Community Masses. Last Saturday was the final one for 2019.
- Christie Vinter and the Leadership Team, together with Daina Keech in delivering a terrific Prep Information Night. Parent surveys indicated a 100% satisfaction feedback in the delivery of content on the night.
- Thanks to Mrs Pendlebury who completes her 2019 duties at the end of next week. Alison is taking some early Long Service Leave and we wish her a well deserved break.
- Tess Walker – our Finance Officer has family connections to Melbourne Cup winner ‘Vow and Declare’. I’m certain Tess will savour the moment for a very long time.
- 2020 Prep Orientation Day – 12th Nov 9am
- Yr 6 Quicksilver Low Isles Day – Fri 15th Nov
- Life Long Learners Christmas Concert Thursday 5th Dec BBQ 5:30 – 5:50pm followed by awards at 6pm
- Interschool Swimming Carnival – Fri 22nd Nov
- Yr 7, 2020 High School Orientation Days
- St Monica’s & St Augustine’s College Cairns – Thurs 21st Nov
- Mossman State High School – Tues 3rd Dec
- St Stephen’s Catholic College Mareeba – Wed 4th Dec
- Payment for all who wish to sponsor a tree needs to be finalised by the 21st November
- 2020 Enrolment intentions need to be completed. Thank you to families who have responded to this survey.
There still appears to be some uncertainty about class structures for next year. In 2020, nearly every year group will be one single class. Yr 3 – 2020 will be 2 classes. The current 2019 – Year 3 classes will combine to form a single class when they enter Yr 4 in 2020. Teacher allocations will be communicated by the Broadcast platform in 0-Week.
Please keep in your prayers Miss Parkes’ mum (Yr 2), Mrs Hall’s mother in law (APRE), and all those in our local community who at this time, need our prayers.
4 weeks to go….. let’s look after each other in a strong Saints Spirit.